Hey I love your blog keep doing what you're doing. I just have a quick question-I just finished watching Season 3 Episode 4 "One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes" and noticed that it looks like Jess has just put on his pants when Lorelai and Luke come up for Luke to change. Where Shane and Jess having sex?
I would assume so! I’m not up to that point yet (but I’m excited to get to that episode in the recaps), so it’s been awhile since I watched it, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were. Jess is good looking, Shane is good looking, they’re both at that age where hormones + lack of parental supervision = naked time. I don’t remember if it’s actually stated in the episode that they are, though.
Richard had angina in season 1, not a heart attack.
Ah, well, regardless of what it was called, he was still told he can’t have red meat, though I don’t remember if they specified “ever again” or if it’s just supposed to be a “for a few weeks” sort of thing.
2x20 - Help Wanted
- Kirk is licensed to carry a gun.
- Babette was in a cult.
- Luke broke his arm once.
- Wait, you hit a bench with Taylor’s brand new Doose’s Market sign on it? Rory you told Lane it was a pole in the last episode. How much pain medicine were you on? :O
- If Luke’s is “never closed,” I’m assuming he has staff that handles the diner when he’s gone to do all these mountain man things it’s always implied he does like fishing and camping and such. So why does he need to close the diner to go fishing this time?
- Rory’s letter is REALLY long for what is basically, “Jess crashed my car and it hurt my wrist.” And Dean reads it really fast and then gets scary with that temper flare.
- It’s so sad that Rory’s convinced Dean was going to “yell and scream” at her, let alone demand to break up with her.
- The closet is still a closet! Rory goes upstairs to take her shower instead of using the downstairs “bathroom.”
- Richard’s face when he grabs the coffee pot off the top shelf makes me laugh every time.
- It just occurred to me that it’s odd that Rory being a minor didn’t end in anyone calling Lorelai before they took her to the hospital and started running tests on her in the last episode.
- Why does Richard have so many binders for his new business? Well, I guess Richard would be old school enough not to put anything on computers and to think he needs binders full of stats.
- Ahhhhhh I want to spend a spring day in Stars Hollow. Let’s all kickstart building our own Stars Hollow just so we can spend a spring day frolicking through the town square.
- Richard! Why are you eating roast beef and thinking you should eat a hamburger? You’re not supposed to have red meat after your heart attack! Unless the fact that it’s been over a year since your heart attack means your body doesn’t care anymore? I don’t know how that works.
- Damn, Richard. Your ‘eff off’ tactics are almost as classy as Emily’s.
- I turn into a puddle whenever Lorelai and Richard share a good moment like him “bagging the Swede,’ even more so than when she and Emily do. I think it’s Richard’s general aloofness that makes me happy for Lorelai when she gets those moments out of him.
- It occurs to me that Rory lied a few times when it came to Dean, but I don’t think she’s ever lied to Lorelai about Jess.
- So Luke’s has been closed for a whole week? Woof. But he’s going to make an entire pot of coffee just for Rory because he loves her that much!
- Aww Luke, you ol’ softie. Giving Rory the week-old donuts because you know that only she and Lorelai would really have the stomach for them.
Recognizable Guest Stars:
- Sophie is played by Carole King, who sang and wrote the GG theme song
Sometimes I make the larger “reaction” gifs with text on them and I’m wondering if they’re working out okay. I know tumblr shrinks them down in text boxes so they’re harder to read, so that may mean people don’t use them.
I used to make them smaller but started going with the 495px width when Tumblr started resizing all the photos to 500px, but if people would prefer I go back to the smaller size, just let me know.
I’m starting to make gifs for 2x20 and I like that so many of the recent great lines fit into two gifs.