3x04 - One’s Got Class and the other Dyes
- Kirk used to have a band called The Kirk Gleason Five and he can’t listen to Queen since they broke up.
- Lane you grabbed your jacket but it turned into your drumsticks between there and the next scene where you’re outside.
- Lane lost her towel somewhere between her front door and the town square on her “ow! bleach!” run.
- Lane’s purple wig is too short.
- Shane’s shirt is different when Rory goes back into the Beauty Shop.
- Hey, the rack of chips that Luke usually has in the front window isn’t there.
- Lorelai saying Shane is a freak is really out of character and unnecessarily rude.
- Once again, they haven’t paid for their meals—unless they did so at the start of the meal? They get them, Lane takes Rory’s burger, and then they just up and leave.
- As much as I adore the idea of Lane having her secret room in her closet, I don’t buy that it would exist under Mrs. Kim’s nose.
- I feel like Rory’s awful mush-mouth tendencies are especially bad in this episode.
- Mrs. Kim is legitimately one of my favorite characters ever.
- I think the cash register has been on the left side of the counter for awhile now.
- Luke only went to high school for 3 years?
- Evidently this episode takes place in October. I’m assuming that’s what the pumpkins around town mean.
- Jess is cheating on Shane! He supposedly had a girl in the closet, but she’s working at the beauty shop! Though, maybe that’s the change of clothes. She bolted to Jess’ for sexy times during her lunch break and changed her shirt before going back.
- Lane and Rory changed clothes before getting to the bleaching.
- Lane, why did you wet your hair before bleaching it? Also, Rory you’re bad at bleaching. Lane’s hair is going to come out uneven. There shouldn’t be any pain in having bleach on top of your hair and not really on your scalp, either.
- The way Debbie talks (“The vice principal will finish up in just a minute…”) this talk Lorelai and Luke are supposed to give is big news, but it just takes place in a small classroom.
- I guess Rory wandered off while the bleach was setting (even though the timeline of it and the speech Lorelai is about to give “in a minute” makes NO SENSE. Somehow Lorelai hasn’t gone up to make her speech, but Lane’s hair has finished being bleached and been rinsed out from BLACK to blonde?) and left Lane alone to call the band or something. Why else would she ask if Lane’s told them she’s dying her hair?
- Get a load of the twelve-foot tall blond dude in the back of the classroom. He looks too old to be in high school, but like whoever chose the extras decided to try to hide that with wardrobe and makeup. Though, half the students look older than high school age, really.
- Does anyone else laugh at the idea of Jess on the phone listening to Rory be an asshole to Shane? I’m assuming it’s Jess, she’s talking to anyway.
- It can’t be Shane who jumped in the closet, Jess, she’s been working all day. (excepting my lunch break theory.)
- Rory and Lane have changed clothes again!
- Riki Lindhome, who you may recognize from Garfunkel & Oates OR as Logan’s friend Juliet in the later seasons.
- Heidi Swedberg, who you may know from Seinfeld. She’s one of those actresses who seems to show up in bit parts all over the place.